If you are new to the Massage game or even a massage pro then here are five pointers to getting the best Massage or blended hypnotherapy/massage session on Maui:
- Rushing rarely leads to good things. I highly recommend avoiding jumping into something else immediately after you’re session (ie jump into the shower to make a dinner reservation). Some people thrive on hurrying and cramming a zillion things into their days. Yes. I get it. I PROMISE YOU! You will appreciate the massage infinitely more if you take a few down beats after receiving your massage session.
- Ask about different modalities such as Reflexology, CranioSacral, Massage Cupping, Deep Tissue, Gua Sha, Myofascial Release, Lymphatic Massage, Hypnotherapy with massage. Try something new you may surprise yourself on how much you like something different. Often the subtle modalities are much more effective at releasing tensions than the ever famous elbow kill me kind of massage (which in all actuality has little to no superiority over a basic swedish relaxation massage).
- Speak up during your session. Remember you are in charge of the session. If something doesn’t feel right then by all means say something. Want more pressure, ask for it (within reason, of course) and if it’s too deep and want lighter work ask for that as well. A professional Bodyworker/Massage Therapist will always do their best to accommodate your wishes. (Bear in mind, speaking up is very different than micromanaging your session to the ruination of the experience for everyone).
- Communicate with your Massage Therapist but don’t feel like you have to talk the entire time. If you want to take a nap, meditate or fade away for awhile that is perfectly fine. This is where Hypnotherapy is the perfect complement to a massage session on Maui. Get even more from your session by working towards a goal while simultaneously relaxing to a depth you never dreamed possible. Do what feels comfortable to you. Remember, you’re in charge.
- Schedule ahead of time. Last minute bookings are usually welcome by most therapists but I guarantee you will ALWAYS have a much better session if the Massage therapist has time to plan ahead for you scheduled appointment. On demand massage is really a contradictory statement in my opinion.