I came to Maui as an experiment really. To see if I could make it working for myself providing a mobile massage and bodywork service to visitors and residents of the island. So, far I am breaking even. This experiment was to last five years. I’ve been here almost nine months.
The urge to pack up and move is always hovering right behind me.
I have an addiction to moving. Scrapping it all, throwing everything away and just going to a new spot and starting over. I’m tired of starting over and would just like to have a home with plenty of work to survive and a tropical place to live in. So, Maui is the spot for the next five years.
So far, the work is not scarce but also far from abundant. I am grateful yet still contemplate moving, they need English teachers in China…
I can think of no better setting for a Massage especially when you choose to go Mobile.
For the past 15 years I have been working as a professional massage therapist in some remarkable settings such as Kauai, San Diego, Kentucky and Alaska but so far Maui beats them all.
Maui offers many choices when it comes to getting a Massage. If you love the luxurious setting of a resort spa take your pick from the cream of the crop. The Grand Wailea
, Hyatt, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Wailea Marriott, Westin Maui, Makena Beach
and Golf Resort, Honua Spa as well as the Honua Kai Resort and Spa are some of the options for top rated Spa facilities.
If the Hotel Spa experience is not your choice then choose from the many boutique day spas such as Maui Day Spa, Maui Zen Day Spa, Aroma Stone Wailea and others scattered around the island.
My personal favorite is (which is what I offer on Maui) is OutCall service Massage. Out Call Massage, Mobile Massage, In-Room Massage, no matter what you call it the definition is the same, ultimate relaxation, restoration and rejuvenation. If you have never experienced In-Room massage I encourage everyone to do so at least once in their lives and Maui is the perfect place to do so.
Getting a Massage on Maui is one of the easiest things to do. Why? Because there are many awesome therapists living and working on this island so you have a great selection to choose from. Most of us have web-sites so you can learn a little more about us, why we do what we do, what modalities we offer, how long we have been in practice and what locations we travel to or work in.
If you’ve received more than 10 professional Massage Therapy sessions then you more than likely know what you like, what you’re looking for and the search process becomes relatively easy. You know it’s important to find a Massage Therapist
who is well trained, serious about the profession and will work with you to provide the best possible session.
If you are new to the Massage game then here are five pointers to getting the best massage session on Maui:
- Find a Massage Therapist who is passionate about the work. If they don’t fully love giving Massages you will definitely feel this in the session.
- Speak up during your session. You are in charge of the session, if it’s too deep tell the therapist to lighten up and if you want deeper just say so.
- Ask about different modalities such as Reflexology, CranioSacral,LomiLomi, Deep Tissue, Aromatherapy – try something new.
- Communicate with your Massage Therapist but don’t feel like you have to talk the entire time, if you want to take a nap, meditate or fade away for awhile that is perfectly fine.
- Schedule ahead of time. Last minute bookings are usually welcome by most therapists but guaranteed you will ALWAYS have a much better session if the Massage therapist has time to plan ahead for you scheduled appointment.
In the nine months I have been providing Mobile Massage on Maui I have seen many of the Hotel rooms, Condo Rental and Homes and can honestly say I have not yet been in a bad location to give a massage session.
The best place is always outside on the lanai especially if you are near the ocean and can hear the waves and feel the trade winds caress your skin as you receive your massage session.